The Grand Heritage Palace of Khandela rulers for over 500 years, restored and owned by direct descendants of Raja Raisal. Castle provides amenities with a touch of royal adobe as rich heritage always melts our hearts. We ensure you experience that matches your budgetary requirements.
Rooms & suites
Guests at Castle Khandela can relive the Rajputana era in 17 refined rooms, offering an eccentric experience of princely living. No two rooms are alike in our property, thus enabling you to choose as per your likes.
The interiors in their simplicity, elegance, and attention to detail, showcase all that is finest in traditional Indian craftsmanship. The Hotel also offers all the necessary modern amenities in each room, thus making it a warm and memorable experience.
Art & Architecture
Heritage & Culture
- Village walk –Khandela is a traditional village where people come from nearby villages to shop. Here you meet cordial people dressed in their traditional gear. In the bazaar of Khandela, one can see the making of bangles( Lakh ki chudiyan), Mojri (Rajasthani shoes) sweets & namkeen, earthen pots, silver jewelry,and chick pick prepared in their traditional oven. There is a separate Local fruits & vegetable market, cloth market, and the spice market. Gota (decorate laces worn by women) and Kharad (woodwork on hand laith machine) are also very famous as handicrafts of Khandela.
- Camel Cart Safari – A 2km camel cart safari from Castle to the Stepwell farm. On the way, Tourists have a glimpse of the past of Khandela and to explore the ancient temples, cenotaphs of Maharajas (ancestors of the present owners of the castle), old haveli, and ruins of old castles, etc.
- Stepwell Farm – A farm area 2km away from the castle where organic farming in Indian style is in practice. The ancient old method of farming is followed, and vegetables grown here are served fresh in the Castle. The step-wells were the ancient practice of open wells where a person could descend 22the steps till the water level. There were pavilions around the step-well for taking rest.
- Farm Dinner & High Tea –To experience cooking in traditional style, on the firewood chulha (stove) in the traditional cookware farm dinner & high tea arranged in the stepwell farm for the guest.
- Brickfield – A nearby place where people make fire bricks by hand in the old traditional style of manufacturing clay bricks.
- Jeep Safari – A jeep ride from the castle to nearby villages to gain an internal experience to the village lifestyle.